Moving to a new house? Let’s find out some helpful tips…
You might get excited when you buy a new place to live and start getting ready to move into it, but without a doubt it is not an easy job. Managing all the things you have requires a lot of patience and skills.
Here are some useful tips that can help you when moving to a new house.
- Start with packing up all the essentials in a particular bag. Include all the things that you may need handy like toiletries, laptop and a pair of clothes that may be used for going office on the other day.
- Pack the items that you will need in first. This may include cutters, towels, kitchen utensils, toilet papers etc. pack all these in a box and label it as 1st as this is what you need to open first.
- Pack all your glass wares and breakable things in safe box extra padding. Use wrapping foam for cushioning and if you can’t find that go for socks or other clothes. By using clothes you can help yourself by packing two things (i.e. clothes and glassware) at the same time.
- Pack your plates vertically in a box with extra padding in order to avoid them from breaking. Do remember to provide enough padding for proper safety. Wrap all your furniture in a stretch wrap or wrapping foam to avoid scratches and damage.
- Label each box with the things it include and also mention the place from which things belongs. This will help you in finding and managing things at the time of unboxing.
- Do take the picture of wiring of electronics. Thing will be needed to know which wires belongs from where.
- Before moving to the new house, get it inspected for structural damage or pests by a professional home inspection company. Also get it cleaned before shifting as you’ll be so tired to clean it after moving.
- Pack all the small things like screws, nuts and batteries in a sandwich bag and tape it to the back of things they belong.
- If you are planning to buy some new stuff for your new home, then try to get rid of your old one’s sell them at least a week before on Ebay or any leading online selling portal.
- For safe and reliable shifting, we recommend to hire a professional packers and movers. Don’t forget to read their terms and conditions and also insurance policy before hiring them.
- Donate all the things you don’t want to keep anymore and is not taking them along with you. Clean up your house with all the grocery and eatable before leaving.
- Last but the most important don’t forget to change your address at the banks and offices.
These above tips will help you in reducing your burden while moving to the new place.
Moreover, if you don’t want to hire professional packers and movers, you can ask your friends to help you out in moving, while keeping in mind the safety measures.