It’s easy to understand why January is the busiest time of year for estate agents, with most firms all over the UK receiving their highest number of instructions when compared with other months of the year.
Many homeowners make New Year resolutions to move property in the next 12 months, while others put their home on the market for family reasons, including divorce.
It takes an average of 65 days to find a buyer, with many properties on the market for longer. That length of time can deny some homeowners the opportunity a house sale can offer.
That is why homeowners who need to dispose of their properties in an even quicker time than the 27-day average sellers in Cambridge wait to find a buyer are turning to what the Office of Fair Trading described as a “dynamic and innovative” niche sector of the property sector that is benefiting customers who wanted a quick, hassle-free sale.
Why use a seven-day house sale service?
- Avoid repossession, clear debts or sort out financial problems
- Dispose of an inherited property
- Move for age or health related reasons
- Sell as a fallout from a divorce or relationship breakdown
- Relocate due to a change in job or to emigrate
- Repair a broken property chain
- Try a different approach when they have failed to sell through a traditional estate agent
- Get around difficulties that make the property hard to market, such as a flooding risk or a short lease.
“Responsible firms that will sell your home in seven days occupy just 0.5% of the market,” according to OFT director Gaucho Rasmussen. “But they offer a valuable service to consumers who want a fast sale.”
Top tips for home sellers
The OFT has published a series of top tips for consumers considering whether to use quick house sale companies. They include:
- Taking time to find out how the seven-day sale process works
- Checking out your seven-day sale provider’s credentials
- Making sure the company you choose to handle your seven-day house sale provides you with all the information you need to make an informed choice.
- Be honest and accurate when answering questions.
- Making sure your seven-day house sale provider puts its promises in writing.
North West London-based estate agent Paramount Properties, which is using a series of radio adverts to promote its seven-day sales service, echoes the OFT’s advice, which includes thinking carefully before opting for such a sale.
As a winner of three gold awards at the Estate Agency of the Year Awards, the West Hampstead business pledges to put its clients’ interests first. That is why it promises to achieve a property’s asking price or above within seven days of a show day or charge its clients 0% commission.
The sales strategy is succeeding, with over 99% of deals agreed going to competition compared with the national average of 66%.
Click here for more information on how a lockout agreement can boost your chances of selling your house in seven days.